I desided to try out an idea. I know that norwegian isn't the most widespread language in the world, and in that case I'll try to translate some of my posts. When I feel like it. Probably never. The original blog, however, is found here.

lørdag 14. mai 2011

12th of May

Thursday was the day we were supposed to celebrate my mothers 61th birthday. On thursday we were supposed to hug her, smell her perfume, see her smile and hear her laugh. Thursday was a day I'd been dreading for months.

We went to the graveyard to pay our respect and to plant some fresh flowers. As we stood there and reminisced, it dawned on me that I've been in shock for almost an entire year. I've finally started to feel alive again, and it felt great to be able to commemorate my mom without being completely drained of energy. After a while, we went to get something to eat and ended up spying at Lillebjørn Nilsen, a norwegian singer/songwriter/icon.

Later on, my father and I went to a vernissage where we met a few up and coming artists, had a glass of sparkling wine and felt as if we reeked of intelligence. (a minor Bridget Jones reference)

In the end, thursday ended up being a great day, considering the circumstances. I'm finally happy again.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar