I desided to try out an idea. I know that norwegian isn't the most widespread language in the world, and in that case I'll try to translate some of my posts. When I feel like it. Probably never. The original blog, however, is found here.

onsdag 6. juli 2011

It's wide awake I'm morning

Fucccckkkkkkkk. I'm not ready for this transition, it's just not in my nature to leave Roskilde. It's just too depressing to sleep in my own bed, get up in the morning and take a shower. Every time curl up in bed to die, I need to remind myself that in only a few days I'm off to a new festival. The Slottsfjell Festival might not be the same as Roskilde, but Nick Cave is playing, goddamn in! I just saw PJ Harvey last week, and in a week I'll see Nick Cave as well! This is simply amazing.

Shit, I've seen PJ Harvey. In my opinion it was a bit disappointing since she just stood there on the same place during the entire show, and I couldn't see anything but her head since I saw her from the wrong angle, but still! Soon I can die as a happy woman, I just need to see some favorite bands first.

I finally got to see Bright Eyes as well, even that he sang the wrong lyrics at one point and fell completely out of the groove for a moment. I've also rediscovered Kaizers Orchestra, as they had a fantastic performance, and I've realized that I have to listen WAY much more to Portishead.

Also, my friend Kristin introduced me to Frisk Frugt, and made me fall in love with Seun-, Femi- og Fela Kuti. We were sitting in line for 2 hours to be able to stand on front row, and ended up standing next to this guy, who figured out to be a music reporter. He was super nice and gave me a cd and stuff, but then I had to pee like hell, since I'd been standing there dancing with my legs crossed for the last 2 hours of the in total 3 hour show. Then I managed to get back to our spot and got to dance for the remaining hour as well, and got to experience that Seun Kuti and Femi Kuti joined together to play the music of their late and legendary father, Fela Kuti. It was quite amazing and quite legendary as well.

By the way, this is one of the songs from the cd I got:




Oh, man, I want to go back and listen to more music and be dirty from sweat and sunscreen and mud and run around in my homemade rain poncho whilst the triple lightning tears the sky apart.

Ok, it's only one week left until The Slottsfjell Festival, just one week.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar